Serious about your startup?
Join the Community of Stanford’s Top Founders
StartX accelerates the development of the highest-potential Stanford founders through experiential education.
Our program provides:
- Community: A close-knit peer community of the best Stanford entrepreneurs who learn from, motivate, and support one another
- Alumni Network: A diverse community of 220+ high quality StartX alumni founders in all industries and from all backgrounds who have raised on average $1.42 million per company
- Mentorship: Top tier mentorship from serial entrepreneurs & investors
- Training: Access to training from relevant experts in any industry to guide you in every aspect of starting a company
- Resources: $3-5k per founder, office space, housing, free legal, up to $20K free cloud computing, accounting, and more
- Access to Capital: Connections to top investment firms and angel groups, as well as a large number of individual angel investors
We take 0% equity and charge nothing.
In order to be eligible to apply, at least one founder of the company must have been enrolled as a Stanford student, post doc, or professor within the last three years of the application period.
StartX is stage agnostic; companies have entered the program at a variety of stages from preparing to raise a Series A to having recently developed an initial prototype.
If you do not fit the requirements listed above for the accelerator, there are other ways to join the community. If you have any questions about whether or not your company is a fit for StartX please contact us.
We accept founders in all industries and from every background. This includes biotech, clean tech, clean energy, hardware, medical devices, non-profits, music, finance, IT, etc. Historically our founders have been ~40% PhD students, ~30% Undergraduates, ~25% masters and ~5% professors across different departments and disciplines. Additionally, over one quarter of our founders have been women.
Check out recent press mentions of StartX in Forbes, Business Insider, TechCrunch and VentureBeat.
Read articles about our recent companies: Bell Bio, Maykah, Game Closure, Boosted Boards, Stem Cell Theranostics, and Qwhisper.
Here’s how to apply.
Check out our info session: Wednesday October 24, 7 PM @ Nitery 209!